Saturday, September 11, 2010

El Tajin

So I unexpectedly got some days off and I was going to use them when I come home in October but after talking with my manager decided to take them now. This is due to the news that I will not be going back to Reynosa . . . its a blessing but still sad at the same time! Since there is not any work in Mexico really, I have been placed on the transfer list. This means that I could be going to either Cuidad de Carmen, Mexico, which is the largest Coiled Tubing base in the world, or another country. And when I mean another country, I literally mean another country anywhere in the world!! My life is soooo crazy! I could be going back to the US or staying in Latin America or going somewhere crazy in Africa or Asia . . . who knows! Plus, I do not know when this is taking place! I guess I am staying here in Poza Rica until I find out but it is driving me a little crazy . . . but I guess this is what I signed up for!

Since, I am possible going to be leaving here soon for my days off I decided to go to the ancient ruins, El Tajin. Another engineer here has been in Poza Rica for 2 years and still has not gone, so I thought I better do it when I have a chance. Well it ended up that that same engineer, Viridiana, had days off too so we went together which was fun. The site was amazing . . . it has around 40 different buildings and it was really interesting. I kept telling myself how on earth they built these things back then when all the had were stones as tools!! Anyways my favorite building/temple is the "la piramide de los 365 niches" (the first picture below). It had 365 niches that symbolizes the 365 days of the year. It was also really nice just being outside and walking around . . . yes it was really hot but the air was fresh.




A couple of times I thought I was in an Indiana Jones movie with the jungle and ruins, like the picture above. Anyways, here are some other pictures I took and when I find out what is going on with my transfer I will tell everyone right away!!

No comments:

Post a Comment