Sunday, January 2, 2011

Feliz Navidad!

So it has taken me some time to post this so I am sorry. Things have been pretty interesting and I have had a lot of work. The week of Christmas I worked with 5 other engineers . . . that meant that I was in charge of 4 units that happened to be all working at the same time. Plus, the first day one of my units had a problem that made things a little more crazy . . . I survived the week though and learned a lot!!

Christmas eve all the internationals had Christmas dinner together. We got one of the operator's mom to cook the turkey and she ended up also cooking a pasta dish and mashed potatoes. Plus the norwegian, Nicolai who was a cook all through school, cooked carrots, made cranberry sauce, stuffing and a awesome dessert!! We had enough food for 20 people but there were only 5 of us!!





Sorry the pictures are not the best . . . my camera was acting up that night but above is Nicco cooking and then our beautiful table setting that if you look closely you can see the kitchen behind everybody . . . I do not know how we cooked a feast in that tiny kitchen!


The interesting thing about turkeys here in Mexico is that they stuff it in a way I could never imagined. When Nicco and I first cut into the turkey we thought it was not cooked all the way because it was pink. With further inspection we concluded that it was ham!! Yes thats right a turkey stuffed with ham!! It was also stuffed with prunes and almonds . . . it ended up being pretty good but I still prefer it without all that things in it!!



It ended up being a really nice time with friends with a real christmas tree and all!! However, it never felt like Christmas because it was about 80 degrees outside unlike North Carolina where it was snowing!! Maybe one day I will get my white Christmas!! I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years, and I wish I could have been with there!! Miss you and love you mucho!!

No comments:

Post a Comment