Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Oh just hanging out in Abu Dhabi!

A continuation of my trip to Abu Dhabi in the summer of 2011 . . .

Throughout my time in Abu Dhabi my class and I went out for dinner or did other entertaining things on the weekends since we pretty much lived in a compound and ate in a cafeteria throughout the week. We also had a couple of class dinners that we unbelievable. I think our class liked food a lot!! Many of the restaurants here are top notch and have high quality food. The 2 class dinners we had were buffets that were heaven. As a starter I would always get a plate of sushi that was soooo good (and dearly missed since I do not always trust the sushi in Mexico). After the sushi, I would then get a plate of main course and a plate of desert . . . by far the best buffets I have ever had in the world!! Thankfully I did not gain any weight but that was mainly due to playing basketball with a couple of instructors twice a week for 2 hrs at a time!

The pictures below are from the 2 class dinners . . . as you can see we are always serious and professional!!




Another place that we ended up going to a lot (of course a place to eat) was a restaurant in the Intercontinental Hotel called Belguin Cafe. It was the first place I went with a group of people and it was also the last! I even had my birthday dinner there!! The service was great (one because we became friends with all the waitresses) but I kept going back for the french fries and homemade mayo!! I know it does not sound that sophisticated or appetizing but it was soooo good. Again the picture below shows us being veeerrry serious!


Besides eating we did do other things while we were in Abu Dhabi. One of the things Abu Dhabi is known for is its formula one race track in Yaz Island. Yaz Island is a man made island that has the race track, hotels, Ferrari world, and IKEA! Well when there are no races going on they use part of the track for go-karting. A group of us decided why no give it a whirl. Well, the whirl was awesome. These karts can go up to 35 mph which is not that fast put when you are in an open environment racing around these sharp turns it feels sooo much faster. It took a couple of laps for me to get my groove but I ended up getting 4th, beating all the guys in my class but 1!! Not such a bad night of racing if you don't ask me!!


Another non-food activity that I did was play golf one weekend. I looked online at a couple of courses and ended up finding a really good deal at the Abu Dhabi Golf Club which is home to one of the PGA events. I ended up paying for the green fees and getting the rented clubs free! It was a very beautiful though hot day, and I actually played really well which it made it even better!! The course was really interesting since most of the "rough" was actually desert!! You definitely do not see that very much in North Carolina!!





I know I will not be able to do these kind of things forever, but I am very thankful for all the experiences, good and bad. God is good all the time!

1 comment:

  1. I examine your blog site presently share great information right below. Troon Golf Club

    ReplyDelete