Friday, November 20, 2009

Welcome to Schlumberger!!


Above is the sign entering into the Latin America area headquarters in Rio de Janeiro. It was a week full of sitting and listening to presentations but I got to meet a lot of fun and interesting people! My class size was thirty and the percentage of the people are from countries all over Latin America.





Flavio, Maggie, and I headed to the office. All of us are in the same segment of Well Services but we will be doing different things. Flavio is my Brazilian friend who sat next to me at most of the training sessions. He asked me a lot of english questions which was actually pretty fun. He will be stationed in Brazil, as well as Maggie. They most likely will be working on off-shore rigs and get to wear bright orange coveralls!




One night at dinner with some of the gang. It was a night of great food and great company outside at a resturant with a live band. The best part about my job already has to be the diversity. Pictured in the picture above is a Chinese, a Mexican, a Ecuadorian, a Venezuelan, a Norwegian, and a Colombian!!

Two of the nicest people I met, Karla and Adan. Adan made me laugh all week!! They are both from Ecuador and will be headed there to work. We got to eat at a Brazilian steakhouse, Procao, at the end of the week. They would bring spears of meat to your table. It was such a fun environment!


At the last day of class we got all our PPE apparel. We got our beautiful blue coveralls (aka Big monkeys) and our steel-toed boots. In the picture are Ma Jimena from Colombia, Adan from Ecuador, me, Alejandra for Mexico, and Alexandro from Venezuela.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for taking the time to build this site. Sounds like quite an adventure. Glad you are at your destination and have acquaintances.

    ReplyDelete