Friday, January 8, 2010

What did I get my self into?!!!

So I have been working now in Reynosa for 3 weeks and it has been really interesting. I have worked every single day since I arrived, I am okay with that right now though! The first week at work was mainly getting certified and reading safety standards for the company and coiled tubing. I just sat in front of the computer for 10 hours a day! My first week was also Christmas which ended up being fine. I worked all day so I did not have to think about not being with family. Plus, it did not at all feel like it was Christmas. It was warm and it did not look like it was Christmas time. Christmas Eve I went to a co-workers house for dinner. We had a turkey and other little goodies. It ended up being a very nice time.


The second week I finally got to go outside in the base and start helping with maintenance of the units. Working outside on trucks has been a fun experience. I never would have thought that I would be learning about tracker-trailers or how hydraulic systems work. I also found out what the term grease monkey really means. Working on all the components for my job you get covered in grease. My new coveralls have been broken in for sure now. One day we were changing the size of different components on the units to fit a larger tubing size and we had to clean everything which is covered with lube and grease. By the end of the day I had it all over me including my face!! Below is a picture of me and an intern, Viviana, at the end of the day. The picture does not give justice to how much grease we had on us!



New Year's was also at the end of the second week, and I hung out with a lot of other engineers. Mainly they were trainees like myself or interns. We had carne asado, balloons, streamers, and all! The first picture below is me with two other trainees in Coiled Tubing Israel and Gustavo. They have both been really helpful the last couple of weeks. The other picture is all the Coiled Tubing guys I work with.


This past week I got to leave the base a couple of times and see what a the well really looks like. I even got to help pump fluid down the well . . . opening and closing valves and all!! Pictured below is some pictures from the well including pictures of the Coiled Tubing rig that I am learning how to run. Coiled Tubing is a do all service in the oil industry. The actual coiled tubing is one continuous string of pipe that you can pump fluid through and attach tools to at the bottom. Some call it the plumbing unit of the oil industry. I am learning a lot but I have soooooooo much more to learn and experience. More about this portion of my life will be definitely coming soon since the portion is probably 90% of my life right now!!
Here is a picture of one of my roommates too!! This is Flor and we are the same height . . . well when she stands on a step!! I will add more pictures hopefully soon of more of the people and places I deal with on a daily basis!

ColossianCheck Spellings 3:15-16

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment