Thursday, December 31, 2009

Bienvenidas a Reynosa!


Sorry that I have not posted anything in the last couple of weeks. I have to keep my computer at work and I feel awkward blogging when my boss sits next to me so it was definitely a no go!! However, now I have a computer at my house so I hope to update it much more depending how much time work leaves me to do it!


So I finally made it to Reynosa, and it is like I thought it was going to be!! It is a dusty, flat border city! I am at terms with it because it is a city for my work not for pleasure, and right now I have to focus on work to be able to survive!!

Getting to Reynosa was another story however! It was a interesting day flying to Reynosa but I made it there and my bags did too! My second bag ended up costing me an arm and a leg, and I had to run through the Mexico City airport to make my connecting flight but I made it! When I arrived there a drivers was there to pick me up which I was very worried that no one was because I never heard back from my manager. It was a little sketchy since the guy did not have a sign or anything but he did ask if I worked with SLB and then said my name. He drove me to the house I was supposed to be living at but no one was there and we did not have a key. He ended up taking me to the guy's staff house where they were having a little Christmas fiesta. It was interesting because it was me and 15 other guys whom most did not know how to speak english! God differently was in control of whole day though, which I am glad he was since I would have panicked and it would have taken me no where!!


I ended staying in a hotel for the first couple of days which worked out fine for me. I had internet and hot water which was not the case in my house at the time I arrived. When I did move into my house, I was really excited because I could unpack and settle in for a while, which I had not done in over 5 weeks. My room is pretty plain but it is large, and I have tv and internet. Really I do not spend much time at the house because I am working all the time but it is nice to come home to a place that actually feels like a home. Below is some pictures my house.







I live with two other girls. One roommate's name is Flor, and she is a lab tech at SLB. She is realllly sweet and helpful (she took me to the supermarket so I could buy food and a towel, and takes me to work most every day!). My other roommate is Karina, and she is a chemical engineer that works in the same segment as me (Well Services) but a different sub-segment (stimulation). She is also really nice and I am getting to know her more since she was one vacation over the last couple of weeks. They both have dogs which is another plus. Flor has a husky who is 1.5 years old and her name is Luna. I like her a lot. She is very sweet and just wants to be loved by you!! Karina has a yellow lab named Camila. She is a little more hyper. Its funny how God has placed dogs in both locations in Mexico so far. He know that I needed a little something to make me feel more at home. Soon I will upload pictures of my job site and all the equipment I get to learn and work with!!


2 Corinthians 1:2-4
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ. Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort. Who comforts us in ALL our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves receive from God.

1 comment: