Friday, December 4, 2009

Food Homage

So I like food and I have had some really good food, so I thought I would make a post solely on the food that I have had over the past month. So far, thankfully, I have not had anything bad, and I am fully enjoying the cuisine of Mexico!!



My Mexican mom makes me really good breakfasts and good sandwiches for school. I have gotten pancakes, french toast, eggs, waffles, cereal, etc. for breakfast every morning (below is a typical mexican breakfast, eggs with salsa verde and a tortilla). I did not ask for all this but I am not complaining!! One would think I would get fat with this kind of breakfast but it is my one big meal of the day. Lunch and dinner are always much smaller but just as good!! On my sandwiches she usually puts a bean spread, ham chunks, tomatoes, different kinds of chiles (jalapenos, chipotle, etc.) and sometimes avocado, and it is usally on homemade bread that we get every morning from a lady!! The sandwiches are typically spicy but so good!






My favorite food so far has to be from restaurants called cenadurias. They are only open at night but serve tostadas, pozole, tacos, enchiladas, and so much more. My favorite has to be the pozole which is a soup made with meat of some kind, corn, and lettuce in a broth. Then you add salsa and chile and eat with a crunchy tortilla.




Quesadillas with crema and salsa verde (pork and cheese inside):






Tacos - pastor, chorizo, and carne (pastor is the big hunk of meat that you see in the picture below and is the two tacos on the left of the plate; it is by far my favorite taco ever!):





Taco - cow tongue (It was actually pretty good!! Very tender!):





Enchiladas:




Tamales (the red one is sweet and the green one is really spicy; my favorite was the green one!):





Pozole and a tostada (both are sooooo good! Hope to have a couple more times before I live since pozole is only found this region of Mexico):


No comments:

Post a Comment