Friday, December 18, 2009

Adios, Guadalajara :(



Adios Gdl. I am going to miss you a lot. What an experience the Lord has given me over the last month. Though I am not fluent yet (hopefully by next year!!), I have learned so much and just had an overall awesome experience!! If only I could stay here and start work because I know that Reynosa will be TOTALLY different then Gdl. Nonetheless let the new adventure begin!!



The last week in Gdl my teacher and friend Blanca took me to the city's center, el centro, which is known for its old architecture and churches. Everyone was really surprised when they heard that I had not gone yet and I had been living in Gdl for almost a month!! El centro was very beautiful and I had a really good day hanging out with Blanca. We walked all around the old buildings and churches. After that we went to the largest market that is located in el centro and bought a couple of gifts.







Finally, we sat down and talked for a long time at one of the plazas. She ended up telling me a lot of personal things about herself and what is going on with her life. She is really depressed and lonely at this time and has some pretty dark thoughts. It broke my heart to hear this coming from such a beautiful person! I have been praying for her since the beginning and even more recently. I pray that God will use this experience to show her what true LOVE is! I was able to talk to her some about it, but it was hard to fully tell her what I felt because of the whole communication issue. Please pray for Blanca, that God will swept her off her feet and that He will send someone else after me to show her the rest of the way! I am going to miss her a lot and will definitely keep in touch with her!




For class this past Thursday we went to Tonala where I went earlier with me family. On Thursdays, however, the whole city is a HUGE market. Everywhere you turned there were people and things!! Clinton bought a ton of stuff and my teachers made fun of him for that because he was acting more like the girl in the group since he was buying things left and right and I only bought one small thing!! It was a nice day out of class though when I got back to Gdl I was completely exhausted!! Blanca and I decided to have class at Starbucks after that because we needed some caffeine! Below is a picture of me and Clinton with two of the teachers that went with us Juan Carlos and Manuel.



The last night most of the teachers and all the students that we left went out for a fiesta!! It was really fun because one of Pablo's friends also came and he was American so for once this whole month there were more english speakers in the room then spanish speakers so we made the teachers practice there english a lot! First pic is of me, Juan Carlos, and Blanca. The second picture is Kimberly, Darrin, and Clinton (other students). And the last pic is of Joshua (Pablo's friend), Miriam (Manuel's girlfriend), me, Pablo, and Blanca!




If you ever want to go to Mexico, I would definitely suggest going to the Guadalajara area!! I hope to go back there veeerrrrry sooon to see my Mexican family!!

No comments:

Post a Comment