Sunday, May 23, 2010

I made it!!

So I made it finally to the last week of training. The main part is over and now just a week of well control certification left. I ended up "graduating" top 3 in my class so I hope my manager will approve!! Now that it is over my body has told me to just chill out for a little while . . . it has been a long and tiring, mentally and physically, time but I did it!! We had our graduation dinner Thursday night were we got our "diplomas". It was just a fun time together with a lot of laughing.
Below is a picture of me, Carolina, my instructor, and Ryan, the one who ended up top of the class. We definitely pushed and helped each other throughout this training!

Rafa and Henrik messing around with Ryan's top of class statue!

The 2 other CT girls Daiana and Susanne.

The crazy Canadians Hassan and the other Ryan.

And finally John, Paolo and Cesar, another instructor that helped us.


You can just see the relief and happiness of in everyone's faces!! We all wanted to finish together and we did it!!

Because I needed some me time and sleep, I decided not to go to Las Vegas with most of the rest of the class for the weekend. And now I am sooooo thankful I did not go. I had so much fun hanging out with the 2 Canadians and 1 other classmate this weekend. This Friday we went go-karting which was a lot of fun. These were not the slow little go-karts, they are the ones that can go 50 mph!! At first I was so timid to go fast. One because I have not driven in 6 months, and two I felt like I was going to roll the karts even though I knew that was not going to happen! By the last 10 minute run however I was getting really good! I was one of the fastest people on the track! Below are just some photos of the day!! The last one is of the gang that did not go to Vegas and Raul, a supervisor that helped us out. Afterwards we went to Iron Man 2 with Carolina and had fun joking around with her. It was a great day!


This final picture shows just how much fun I had with these people. They made this process soooo much better. I thank God for one allowing me to make it to this specific school and two meeting these people. It is going to be hard going back to the real world because it was so nice having other people in the exact some boat. It is looking like they are sending me to Villahermosa in southern Mexico for a little bit which will be good. An added bonus is that Rafa works there so I know at least one person! I will let everyone know when I find out exactly what is going on!! Please keep praying that wherever I go I will find community!

No comments:

Post a Comment