Saturday, May 29, 2010

Big News!!

So I found out the night before going back to Reynosa that I am being moved to another location. The location, drum roll please is . . . Poza Rica, Mexico. It is a city on the gulf side in southern Mexico. It is part of the state of Veracruz. I am working my way down to Cancun!!





From my take on Poza Rica, it is an older city compared to Reynosa and has a little more culture and history, which I am excited about. It is a pretty big city (not quite as many people as Reynosa but still bigger than High Point). Below are the El Tajín Mayan temples outside the city. Now I have something to explore during my few days off!!



This will not be a permanent move but just until I "breakout". "Breakout" is a training step in SLB where you have to show that you are capable of designing and supervising a job. It is going to be pretty rough for me because I need to know perfect, or close to it, Spanish!! Once I breakout I will be sent back to Reynosa to be an Engineer in Charge . . . that is when I will go from being a trainee to a real field engineer!! So most likely I will be in Poza Rica till the end of the year.

I had 2 days in Reynosa before I was supposed to go to Poza Rica but I persuaded my manager to send me home to NC for 2 weeks!! I am soooooooooo excited . . . its been a little over 6 months since I left High Point!! I am glad I got to go to Reynosa first because I got to see some of my friends and talk with my manager about school and stuff. Plus I could bring all my stuff home to repack because I have realized I brought a lot of stuff that I did not need at all and wished I had other things!

Man, does my manager have some big expectations for me!! He said that I am a brilliant engineer and expects that I breakout soon and learn more than just what is expected of you to pass. He wants me to be a big boss (what he is) in less than 4 years! No pressure right!!

Jeremiah 29:11

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope."

3 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Sarah! Of course you will be able to be like your boss in no time! You are an NCSU grad-so I wouldn't expect anything less. I admire all that you are doing and for being a great example to other female engineers walking in our footsteps. May God continue to BLESS you and GUIDE you as He uses you as a vessel to convey His message to others. I miss you!! Sending you some Wolfpack love from the beautiful mountains of NE TN!!

    -Esmeralda

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful and exciting!!! I can't wait to see your pictures from Poza Rica--I know they will be stunning. Enjoy your time back home. I know it will be just lovely! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Best wishes to you always & be safe. Remember Jere 29:11 always; words to live by daily.

    ReplyDelete