Monday, October 18, 2010

Big News . . . 2nd Edition!!

When I signed up for working with SLB, I knew that I had a chance of moving to a lot of different bases. I guess I never thought I would be going to my 3rd base in just one year!! I knew I was going to move this time but the big question was when and where. My manager here told me the transfer process could take a week or even 3 months . . . it was more like the 3 months for me.

I had been living in a hotel here in Poza Rica for the past 5 months and just got to move in to one of the staff houses with the 2 other Coiled Tubing girl engineers. I even unpacked everything which I have not done since I was in Reynosa over 8 months ago. I guess I have gotten used to living out of 2 suitcases!! Of course since I unpacked everything I found out where I was going the next day and will only be here till the end of the month!

I started to read my transfer letter and it said that I was headed to, drum roll please . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

CIUDAD DE CARMEN, MEXICO!

When I first saw this I guess I was a little disappointed because in the back of my mind I thought I was going to Africa or Asia or at least another country where I can finally speak English . . . but I know God has a plan for everything! It did not help that I have had a lot of friends being transferred and quite a few are moving to Scotland to work in the North Sea which would have been pretty awesome! However, Ciudad de Carmen I know will be an awesome experience because I am getting closer to Cancun!! The map shows my first stop in Mexico which was Reynosa, the middle is where I am now Poza Rica, and the last stop is Ciudad de Carmen!


This base is going to be even different than the other 2 which is hard to imagine but everything that is done there is offshore. I always thought it a possibility to go offshore but did not think that it was really going to happen. That means I will be reading on lots of boats and even helicopters! Plus, the base in Ciudad de Carmen has the most Coiled Tubing and Nitrogen units, 19 and 21 respectfully. Most base just have about 5! Having this many units means it has a lot of money so all the new technology will also be there. And to help with the transition there will be 2 engineers that were originally here in Poza Rica and another from Reynosa. Also, and the really exciting thing for me is that I will get to live with my best friend and roommate from Reynosa again. She was transferred there about 3 months ago!

I will now get the privilege of wearing a bright orange coveralls!! I will definitely look like a giant carrot but that is fine with me! You can see the orange coverall below . . . she was just transferred to Scotland, myself to Carmen, John in the white hardhat to Carmen also, and my Italian friend to north Africa. The other girl in the picture quit so things have definitely changed since we were all together at school!


1 comment:

  1. loved reading your blog...keep 'em coming..love the pictures as well. I have missionary friends in Belize..if you ever want to get away I am sure they would love to have you. I have been down there 4 times in the past 3 years. They minister to 5 different people groups, but mostly to the Mayan Indians...Thanksgiving is right around the corner....Our favorite..love ya Kim

    ReplyDelete