Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Cronin Wedding

So I have been really really bad at keeping up with this for the past couple of months and I apologize. I really do enjoy writing these posts but sometimes it is so crazy at work that when I get home I just crash. Thankfully, I got to go on vacation for 2 weeks to help with this situation and I got to go home!! I was itching to get back to the US like no other throughout the month of September, right before I was supposed to leave for vacation. It finally came true the last week of September . . . I ended up buying my ticket home the day I left which I had never done before!! Another crazy experience to add to my list!

I flew into Raleigh so I got to spend time with a couple of friends and hang out with my sisters and brother-in-law! Plus I found out some news that I am soooooo excited about . . . my sister is having a baby so that means that I am going to be Auntie Sarah (Tia Sarita)!! I am so excited and will for sure be buying a baby poncho for the new one!!

After spending a couple of days in Raleigh I made it back to High Point. I hung out with my parents and got to eat lunch with my grandma which I thoroughly enjoyed and glad I was able to do that! I also finally got to play golf which was the first time in a long time and I actually did pretty good! It was a fun day spent with dad!

However, the main reason of this trip, besides seeing my family, was to go to Sarah Schrum's or now Sarah Cronin's wedding!! I got to spend a lot of time with her and her 2 friends from CO the whole week which was soooooo much fun! It was nice feeling normal though it made it even harder for me to come back to work! I went to there house on Lake Norman, a bridal shower, the rehearsal dinner, and of course the wedding! It was such a beautiful wedding and very relaxing and fun! Plus I got to hang out with Carolyn and Dana . . . I miss them soo much!






And the surprise of the 2 weeks was that I was asked to do chapel for the middle and high school back at my old school! I still wonder why they chose me because I am just doing what any normal person does though in a different country! I was so nervous and not sure what I wanted or needed to say but in the end it worked out because I let God speak through me really than me speaking. I am not really a person that likes to talk in front of people but it was interesting to see how God could use one of my weaknesses for good and gave me peace throughout the morning! I was stretched even while on vacation!
A verse I keep going back too . . .
2 Corinthians 12:9-10
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

1 comment:

  1. And we loved having you at chapel! You did a great job and I think the kids really enjoy having someone closer to their age speak from their heart and challenge them. Thanks for being a willing servant! Hope all is going well for you now - enjoying the new place??

    ReplyDelete