Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Dream Team

After my course in Tulsa, it has been crazy here at the base. I have been in charge of 4 units, plus have to make time for studying for my 2 entrance exams and finish my paper and presentation for my second school. Thankfully I was guardia for this week so I had to go early and stay late which helped me get more things done and the units have not had as much work either.



In the end I got everything done and passed both exams, so all was good!! It is crazy that I will be going to Abu Dhabi in just a few days now!! It is very surreal, and I am really excited to learn yet another culture!!



Something abnormal of the week was that I got to play basketball a couple times. The first time of the week was just the normal pickup game that a group of people do every week. It happened to start raining in the middle which was fun but I had to be really careful, 1 because I have not played in a long time and 2 the conditions were really slippery!! The 2nd time was that weekend when SLB was asked to make a team for a tournament hosted by our clients. It was serious . . . we had jerseys made and all!! So instead of sitting at my desk all day on Sat. I took a little break and went with 2 other engineers from Coiled Tubing and 4 from Cementing to the Pemex sports complex!! We first played one of the design segments in Pemex who we happen to play a lot with and are good friends. I played really well for being out of shape and not having a good feel!! I ended up having 2 blocks that game and 9 of the first 13 points, which included a 3 pointer!! We won that game and then played in the championship game against another segment of Pemex. They were a lot taller and bigger! If we had not had played just 30 minutes before I think we could have beat them. I had a couple more blocks and scored a couple of points but nothing would fall for me . . . oh well we got a second place trophy!




The absolute crazy thing about the tournament though was that I ended up being the so called MVP of the tournament! I definitely was not the best person but I guess being a girl that blocked quite a few guys and scored helped my case!! Supposedly there was a coach from the women's league there and wanted me to join their team . . . if I only had time I might say yes if they ever asked me to play!!

No comments:

Post a Comment