Monday, June 25, 2012

One inch away from winning!!

So during my weekend in Abu Dhabi, one night we went to Marina Mall to eat dinner. During that day there happened to be a festival for one of the stops for the Volvo Ocean Race (a sailing race around the world). We missed seeing the sailboats leave the port by a couple of hours but there were still booths open so we decided to go for a little bit and see what it was all about.

One of the booths happened to be a golf booth. The next weekend happened to be the HSBC Championships (golf tournament at the Abu Dhabi ) where all the big names in golf were going to be there. The point of the booth was to chip the ball into the hole on an island floating in the water. You had two chances and if you holed it then you would win a week vacation to an island resort in China (another stop in the Ocean Race)!!

My first chance was actually not bad at all . . . I was a couple feet right of the hole. I was so nervous because there were a lot of people watching, and I was using a club that I am not used to. Plus the helper at the booth asked if I new how to use the club which kindof irked me a little bit (gender profiling anyone)!! I then asked him what degree club it was and he had know idea, hahaha!!

The second try I was less nervous and now understood the wind and the roll on the island. When I hit the shot it felt sooooo good and everyone was silent! The ball hit about 2 yards in front and left of the hole and then it started to roll directly towards the hole. Many people started to encourage the ball into the hole but it ended up 1 to 2 inches on the left side of the hole!! How sweet it would have been to hole that shot!! So much for the vacation to China!! To be honest I probably would not had time to go anyway, however it would have been a nice present to someone!!

 My beautiful golf swing!!

Watching my shot miss by an inch!! Look at that follow thru!!

No comments:

Post a Comment