Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Days off finally - April 2012 edition!!

So again I am soooo behind in my posts and have not had much time to write any because of all the things I have been doing!! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I can start catching up on some of my adventures and at least give you guys a taste of what has been going on in my life. The last year I have worked my tail off but also have some time to enjoy life and want to share that with y'all!

After a crazy first few months of 2012 were I went to another course in Abu Dhabi for 1 month, worked offshore for 40 of 60 days working, and then after 2 days off worked another 60 days, I finally was given time off. In all I had accumulated 17 days off . . . not vacations! It was a good thing getting that much time off but man was I tired!!

With the days off I decided to go back to the states where first I went to Raleigh for Jake's 1st birthday party. I was so thankful for being able to make it in time because for once I could be part of the family not just seeing pictures and hearing about what fun the had together. I can not believe how fast his first year went!

Big birthday cake all for himself (I am proud of my little creation)!!
Jake all clean and ready for bed after his big birthday bash!

The Jake and I getting ready for the Wolfpack spring scrimmage!

Nothing better than a Wolfpack football game in the spring!
I then went home to High Point for a week. After working so hard I pretty much shut down, physically and mentally. I do not remember much of the week because I was zoned out. When the week ended I realized that I had done nothing that I planned to do, and I even forgot to eat lunch with my Grandma before I left . . . I am such a bad granddaughter ;). That week was another side effect of working to much . . . not good.

After leaving the world for a week I came back around in time to go to Colorado to see my bestie, Sarah!! I had not seen her in waaaaayyyyy to long! I ended up going for close to a week and it was great just spending time with her and fellowship with other people that I would say and similar to me!! I will write more about Colorado in the next post, but below is a taste of the beauty that is Colorado!

First time seeing the Rockies!!
After getting back to NC I stayed in Raleigh and hung out with the sisters and the Jakester. Lizzie and I decided to take a quick day trip to Wilmington so that I could see Memaw and Papa, as well as, for them to see Jake. I was very thankful to be able to make it down there to see them and of course spend some good quality sister time in the car!

The Jake running around before eating lunch with Memaw and Papa!
Feeding the turtles!

No comments:

Post a Comment