Sunday, July 25, 2010

Sarita Pope Worden Coble . . . aka Sarah Conner Wonder

So my name has transformed even more lately. I have been called Sarah Conner so many times now since most of the guys have watched the Terminator movies. Sarah Conner is what they think of when they first hear Sarah. Also, so many people have asked what my second last name is and then I have to explained that it is different in the US. I always say my name is Sarah Pope Worden and try to explain that Pope is a middle name and can be a normal name or family name like mine is. In the end it just becomes my second first name which everyone has here. Then they ask what my name would be if I was Mexican so I say Sarah Pope Worden Coble and then I have to explain that my last name would then become my middle name when I get married . . . It is so complicated! But can you imagine how long your name becomes here in Mexico?! An example would be my sister's name, Nadia Elizabeth Worden Coble de Merritt!! You do not loss any of your names!

So far I have enjoyed my time here so much!! The people here are a lot of fun to be around and there is more of a life here. The people enjoy each others company and look after each other (Below is a picture of some of the interns during their last night . . . the girl I mentored is the one sitting next to me, Lucero). And the location is better!! I mean I actually got to go somewhere for my days off instead of being stuck in my house all 4 days!

This past days off I went to Costa Esmeralda which is about 2 hours away from Poza Rica by bus. Going to the bus station and finding the right bus was pretty interesting. Since Costa Esmeralda is a smaller location you have to get on the Veracruz bus which I did not know at the time. Plus, when they stop at a station they don't really say where you are, so every stop I asked the guy sitting next to me "is this Costa Esmeralda"! In the end I made it and found the hotel I booked online. I just booked a random hotel that I found online . . . it had to be a place on the beach with a pool and most importantly a hammock! Well, this hotel ended up being perfect! I wanted a quite place and not that many people which was the case. It was just me and 2 other families there, and you got to know the staff as well. Below are some pictures of the place and the hammock I lived in reading one of the other engineers only English book she had!

Please keep praying for my Spanish and not getting to frustrated. It is hard when you want to help and do more but you can not communicate. Also that I keep my mind on the right track!

No comments:

Post a Comment